New Electrolux appliances inspired by professionals, now adapted for the consumer
Today’s consumers want outstanding results without turning cooking into a full-time job. Europe’s leading supplier to professional kitchens and laundries therefore took features and functionalities originally created for professional chefs and adapted them for consumers in the new Electrolux Inspiration range of home appliances.
Electrolux is the only company in the world able to provide complete, high-performing, professional kitchen solutions. Individually, Electrolux’s innovative products are designed to meet the needs of even the most demanding customers. Together, they become highly efficient systems that guarantee excellent results, productivity, hygiene and low operating cost.
“The Electrolux Professional Division is the number one supplier to professional kitchens and laundries in Europe,” comments Graham Bremer of Electrolux. “Professionals demand appliances that deliver outstanding results reliably and efficiently and make it easier for them to do their jobs. In that sense, they don’t differ from domestic customers, so it’s only natural we adapt the same principles in product development.”
The company says that spin-offs from its professional kitchen and laundry appliances have brought combi-steam cooking to Electrolux ovens; pre-set heat modes and precise, intuitive controls to its induction hobs; vertical flame burners that cut energy use by 20% to its gas hobs; dishwashers that can be loaded more quickly and easily and appliances powered by quiet, highly efficient, brushless inverter motors.
“All of these developments have been thoroughly proven throughout 90 years of professional expertise in appliance manufacturing under conditions much tougher than you’d ever have at home,” Graham Bremer points out.
The appliances have been created for the type of consumer who likes to experiment with confidence when preparing new dishes and when entertaining. “Our Inspiro oven is a great example of how our professional expertise translates into meeting these needs,” says Graham Bremer. “Inspiro takes the knowledge of professional chefs and incorporates it into cooking programmes that automatically measures the volume of the food and adjusts the heat during cooking. This makes it possible to achieve outstanding results without having to be an expert yourself.
“CombiSteam takes steam plus hot air cooking, which is a technology that Electrolux actually invented for professionals, and makes it easy to use at home, thanks to great ergonomics and highly intuitive touch screen control menus. Steam-plus-hot-air cooking prevents cross-contamination of flavours when cooking more than one thing at a time and keeps food warm without drying it out. Both of these benefits are important to professionals and to people entertaining at home. It’s a perfect match.”
Professional experience and expertise:
- In Europe Electrolux is the No. 1 choice for professionals in laundries and restaurants.
- Electrolux is the only supplier worldwide offering a complete range of solutions for professional kitchens and laundry under the same brand
- 1 out of 3 major hotel chains worldwide chooses Electrolux as a reliable solution supplier for their kitchens and/or laundry facilities.
- Up to half of the chefs featuring in the Michelin Guide in Europe have used Electrolux equipment in their restaurants.
- The world’s best chefs are co-driving innovation. Electrolux also has partnerships with the Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and Finnish Culinary teams and Gambero Rosso in Italy.
Appliances with features adapted from Electrolux professional include:
- The Electrolux CombiSteam EOB8851AAX oven uses a combination of steam-plus-hot-air, a cooking method invented by Electrolux for professionals. The latest model is a full 72 litres and has five shelf positions to make it easier to cook more dishes at the same time, as professionals often do. It also has a front-mounted temperature probe to make it easier to use this tool that professionals rely on.
- The new Electrolux Inspiro oven (launching in UK in September 2012) combines a wide range of self-adjusting cooking sequences designed by professional chefs and automatic volume sensing to give outstanding results.
- InfinitePure induction hob EHD8740FOK has touch screen controls with backlit, intuitive rotary sliders that make it easier to control heat as precisely as professionals do.
- Gas hobs, like the EGT7355NOK available from September 2012, are now equipped with the company’s vertical flame burner, which was adapted from professional equipment to heat pans more evenly and efficiently.
- Professional chefs count on using the best possible ingredients. New fridge-freezers keep food fresher longer thanks to TwinTech, which employs a single compressor to run dual cooling systems, thereby maintaining optimal humidity in the fridge while offering frost-free performance in the freezer. MultiFlow further enhances cooling by keeping temperature and humidity consistent at all levels of the fridge.
- Hoods, dishwashers, washing machines and dryers are powered by highly efficient, brushless inverter motors built for reliability and a much quieter operation.
- New freestanding Inspiration laundry and dishwashers will be launched in September 2012